Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Writing World accepting articles


Writing-World has been around forever. Editor Moira Allen has been around forever. She's tough and has maintained this worthy site for writers for longer than FundsforWriters' been around. The newsletter reaches almost 12,000 readers. And she seeks submissions.

Writing-World pays five cents/word up to $100. Prefers articles in the 1,000 to 1,500-word range, but considers pieces in the 800 to 2,000 range. Please review the topical indices on the Master Article Index before submitting a query or manuscript. Seeks articles for the more experienced writer, and are particularly
interested in articles on commercial/business writing and in fiction (including genre fiction). No personal essays or author interviews at this time.

NOTE: Moira is cool. You get paid and receive exposure here, since her readership is pretty nice. She's quick to respond. Nice market.

DOUBLE NOTE: At this time I'm basking in the sun on Edisto Beach. If I'm not writing, I'm thinking about it. Internet is iffy out here, so all I can say is keep trying and I'll wander around somewhere and try to find wi-fi periodically. This is my own hubby and writing retreat, rolled into one. Who says I can't follow my own advice and create my own retreat?

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the tip. Enjoy yourself! Susan

Anne R. Allen said...

You're one of the hardest-working writers in the business. I say you deserve some solid time off.

I get Moira's newsletter, and I'd been thinking of submitting. Thanks for the additional info!

Debra Stang said...

I would be absolutely overjoyed to have Moira publish one of my articles. After all, she and her wonderful website taught me practically everything I know about freelance writing!