Monday, September 27, 2010

Smucker's Recipe Story Contest

Submit to Smucker's an original recipe that's been passed down through at least two generations and tell the story behind it. Deadline December 10, 2010. One Grand Prize Winner will receive $20,000 for a family reunion, plus $1,000 for a personal planner. Five Runner-Up Prize Winners will receive a $100 Smucker's gift basket.

Visit the Smucker's website and complete the entry form. Entry must include your family's original recipe made with at least 1/4 cup of one variety of Smucker's jam, jelly, preserves, fruit spread, or fruit butter. The recipe must have been passed down for at least two generations. Submit an original essay of 200 words or less in English telling the true story behind, or memories associated with, how your recipe makes family celebrations special. Include the names of the family members involved in passing the recipe down and their relationship to you.

NOTE: Hmmm, I can think of PBJ, but everyone does PBJ. Ooh, we do this cocktail sausage receipe with grape jelly. I'm not a huge fan of writing prompts, but contests like this make me accept the challenge. At least there's a goal at the end of the piece, you know?

DOUBLE NOTE: It's fall. FINALLY. On the day fall officially descended upon, the 22nd, I was weeding my garden in 95 degrees. Really? I am ready for fall, darn it. It's my favorite time of the year. I write better in a sweater.

No comments: