Monday, July 19, 2010

SHAKING LIKE A MOUNTAIN FICTION OPEN - LITERARY MUSIC

http://shakinglikeamountain.com/

$10 ENTRY FEE
First prize: $350
Second prize: $100
Third prize: $50

The three prizewinners will be published in Shaking Like a Mountain and have their work submitted by shaking editors to the Best of the Web and Best of Net anthologies. Deadline: September 15, 2010. Accepts all genres of literary fiction as long as stories are related to the theme of music. Entries must be
unpublished; 4,000 words or less.
 
NOTE: Very unique journal - literary writing that touches upon contemporary music. Think back in your life how music has shaped it. I can remember what I heard at my prom, when I married, when I rocked at a Clemson football game . . . when I . . . never mind.
 
DOUBLE NOTE: Countdown to when my child graduates college August 7. A big day, a big weekend. Once the crowd has thinned, I'm free to write . . . unlimited time to pound out the third novel.

No comments: