- How would you find him?
- How would you research his talent?
- How would you get in touch with him?
- How would you pay him?
- Contact people who have great websites and ask for their recommencations (i.e., word of mouth)
- Research other author websites and note any connecting links or logos to the designer.
- Google "web design for authors" and other configurations and note the results.
- Again, talk to those who have used him.
- Study the samples at his website.
- Do a search for any negative remarks about him.
- Credit Card
- PayPal (which handles all of the above)
If you don't make yourself readily available, readily read, or readily discovered, you are your own worst enemy when it comes to earning a living as a writer. No excuses. No "buts." In essence, no work, because you haven't put yourself out there for others to find.
Be seen. Be professional. Be a writer. Be online, connected, and receptive so others can find you.