Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Scent of an Ending™ Contest

The Scent of an Ending. Submit the title of an imaginary novel and the final 25-125 words. Entry fee $6.37. (Danged if I know why.) First place $89.93, second place $67.32, third place $31.18 plus dubious fame and publication for winners and all finalists. Initial publication on website, then in print. Deadline: final postmark--September 30, 2010. Sample endings at the website, but I believe the editors were having more fun than they should with these.


NOTE: Oh I love a creative contest. Some may call them silly, but it beats the same old contests of "write a short story of 2,000 words on any topic" or "write a poem, any style or theme." This kind of stuff is fun which makes your little writing muse tingle, and you know it. Just think tight writing that packs a punch! But remember, they want BAD endings, because so many stories fail on the final page. I've heard many writers say, "I can't write endings." Here's your chance to prove it's so.



DOUBLE NOTE: I'm working on attitude, in case you haven't noticed. After yesterday, I'd decided to rock on hard with my writing. I just might consider a second mystery series, you never know. Gotta keep going, keep growing, baby.

2 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

Oh yipee!!! This is just the sort of competition I love. Thank you.

Annette Lyon said...

Completely random monetary amounts for a rather random contest. Sounds fun!